Dust particles in my water (water derecting wrong)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjj_junkie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, I seem to have an excessive amount of water particles and I can't seem to get rid of them. My tank is rimless with no hood so that could have something to do with it but what I think is wrong is the way I'm detecting water into my overflow. I have my overflow on the right rear side with the return coming out of there and an mp40 on the left side and I think I'm doing something wrong to where the surface water stays in the same place. It's hard to explain so ill add pics of how I have it set up and tell me if I'm detecting the water wrong please thanks

Ps: I have a felt sock at the end of the return as it enters the sump

Attachments

• image-557971642.jpg
    image-557971642.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image-43348959.jpg
    image-43348959.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2649302708.jpg
    image-2649302708.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 96
It seems more like sand particles than micro bubbles, could it be that the water is getting stuck in the middle of the tank cause of the way the return is setup?

Ok, I was confused since you said you had water particle problems... if it is sand then try adjusting your return. It is pointed down and is probably stirring it up.

Ok, I was confused since you said you had water particle problems... if it is sand then try adjusting your return. It is pointed down and is probably stirring it up.

But if I keep it at the surface I feel like the surface layer of water doesn't get pushed into the overflow

You have a good amount of surface movement, I wouldn't point it at the surface. Just point it up more rather than down. It will take some adjusting to find the sweet spot. Every now and then I will still get some sand kicked up after it all being moved around by gobies and conchs.

Back
Top Bottom