Dwarf angel for reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well about a month ago i made a huge mistake with eveything going so good with my 75gal reef tank& like everything else i do i had to push the limit. Ive had 2 false percs from begining later added 3 pj cardinals then a small coral beauty looking at how nice everything looked, thought how cool it would be to make last fish a flame angel, kind of worried about angels getting along.of course lfs said should be no problem in tank that size. Wrong. Coral beauty was on flame till it killed it,beauty contacted ich from stress. Remaining fish seem to be fairing well.
Do reefers have better luck with coral beautys or flames with stress or corals,cuase next time itll be one or the other. Thanks

u don't only have to worry about aggression with other fish but when it comes to a reef tank and dwarf angels they are known to nip and pick at allot of corals and makes it a waste of money and nice corals. And then there hard as ever to catch once u take the gamble about putting one in your reef.. but every fish is different so u never really know .

What a good ,colorful reef safe fish that will actually swim around the rockwork.dumb clown fish think my heater is an aneomone and only leave it when i feed???

I would look into a smaller tang of some sort. With 75 gallon.s there not a huge selection of tangs but there are a few that would be good in your tank. I would away from the angels if u are going to be doing corals on the future

Already have alot of corals doing great in tank with 2 false percs and 3 pj cardinals just looking for one more colorful fish that would move around rock,get along with other fish and leave corals be?? Probably asking for too much??

Thanks lookin for ideas, ill check it out..

Reading where blennies like to hideout in rocks alot? Already have clownfish in this 75 that just like to hover around the heater.really lookin for a hearty fish that will swim around corals and not want to devour em???

That might not be a bad idea seen a bunch at lfs.. Thanks

Had a 6 line once, neat fish but not for my open top??

How funny my clowns did the same thing.. get a diamond goby .. mine is always shifting sand..

Really lookin at the posibility of 6 or 8 of the green chromis to school around the tank,not the most colorful swf but for 6$ each they should be neat to watch and help fertilize corals..

You know the zoanthids love that stuff sprinkeled over the top of em...

Back
Top Bottom