Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-11-2019, 12:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Dwarf angel tank size?

Hi, everyone! So recently I recieved a 55-gallon aquarium from someone who was moving out. This is what I've decided to be my first saltwater aquarium. Seeing all of the saltwater beginner fish that different sites, forums, and videos reccomend, I'm really looking at either a Coral Beauty or Flame Angelfish to be one of my choices. I was just wondering, will the tank be good enough to house one with other fish? The planned tankmates are a pair of Ocellaris Clownfish, a Neon Goby, a Royal Gramma Basslet, a Banggai Cardinalfish, a Cleaner Shrimp, 4 Nassarius Snails, and 2 Pom Pom Crabs. I do not plan on having corals in my tank for a while, just live rock. Will they be able to get along with all of these guys in that size of an aquarium? If so, which one would you reccomend more in terms of hardiness?

All input and suggestions are appreciated!

- Diego

Old 07-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

A 55 would be fine for a flame angel or a coral beauty. Sadly, they are the only two of the dwarf angels that can fit in such small systems to my knowledge. Things look pretty good though, keep us posted on progression.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouramiboy9142 View Post
Hi, everyone! So recently I recieved a 55-gallon aquarium from someone who was moving out. This is what I've decided to be my first saltwater aquarium. Seeing all of the saltwater beginner fish that different sites, forums, and videos reccomend, I'm really looking at either a Coral Beauty or Flame Angelfish to be one of my choices. I was just wondering, will the tank be good enough to house one with other fish? The planned tankmates are a pair of Ocellaris Clownfish, a Neon Goby, a Royal Gramma Basslet, a Banggai Cardinalfish, a Cleaner Shrimp, 4 Nassarius Snails, and 2 Pom Pom Crabs. I do not plan on having corals in my tank for a while, just live rock. Will they be able to get along with all of these guys in that size of an aquarium? If so, which one would you reccomend more in terms of hardiness?

All input and suggestions are appreciated!

- Diego
Just a side note, Banggai Cardinals are schoolers and a single one will probably not fair well. Consider at least 3 or more. If they are large enough that you can sex them, a single M/F pair will work.

Tags
angel, dwarf, dwarf angel, size, tan, tank, tank size

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com