Dwarf angel tank size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gouramiboy9142

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, everyone! So recently I recieved a 55-gallon aquarium from someone who was moving out. This is what I've decided to be my first saltwater aquarium. Seeing all of the saltwater beginner fish that different sites, forums, and videos reccomend, I'm really looking at either a Coral Beauty or Flame Angelfish to be one of my choices. I was just wondering, will the tank be good enough to house one with other fish? The planned tankmates are a pair of Ocellaris Clownfish, a Neon Goby, a Royal Gramma Basslet, a Banggai Cardinalfish, a Cleaner Shrimp, 4 Nassarius Snails, and 2 Pom Pom Crabs. I do not plan on having corals in my tank for a while, just live rock. Will they be able to get along with all of these guys in that size of an aquarium? If so, which one would you reccomend more in terms of hardiness?

All input and suggestions are appreciated!

- Diego

A 55 would be fine for a flame angel or a coral beauty. Sadly, they are the only two of the dwarf angels that can fit in such small systems to my knowledge. Things look pretty good though, keep us posted on progression.

Hi, everyone! So recently I recieved a 55-gallon aquarium from someone who was moving out. This is what I've decided to be my first saltwater aquarium. Seeing all of the saltwater beginner fish that different sites, forums, and videos reccomend, I'm really looking at either a Coral Beauty or Flame Angelfish to be one of my choices. I was just wondering, will the tank be good enough to house one with other fish? The planned tankmates are a pair of Ocellaris Clownfish, a Neon Goby, a Royal Gramma Basslet, a Banggai Cardinalfish, a Cleaner Shrimp, 4 Nassarius Snails, and 2 Pom Pom Crabs. I do not plan on having corals in my tank for a while, just live rock. Will they be able to get along with all of these guys in that size of an aquarium? If so, which one would you reccomend more in terms of hardiness?

All input and suggestions are appreciated!

- Diego

Just a side note, Banggai Cardinals are schoolers and a single one will probably not fair well. Consider at least 3 or more. If they are large enough that you can sex them, a single M/F pair will work. (y)

A 55 would be fine for a flame angel or a coral beauty. Sadly, they are the only two of the dwarf angels that can fit in such small systems to my knowledge. Things look pretty good though, keep us posted on progression.

Terribly sorry for the super late reply! Thanks for the confirmation! I'll certainly post once the tank is complete! Have to agree with you on the two being the only ones able to live in a 55 comfortably. I've heard Cherub Angelfish can also live in a tank of this size, but I'm not so sure on that one. Anyway, thanks again, and sorry once again!

- Diego

I have a potters in a 40 breeder whose done great for almost 3 years now. But I think I lucked out as they can be finicky when first introduced and not eat...mines a pig lol

Just a side note, Banggai Cardinals are schoolers and a single one will probably not fair well. Consider at least 3 or more. If they are large enough that you can sex them, a single M/F pair will work. (y)

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering how many I should add. I'll certainly see to it!

- Diego

I have a potters in a 40 breeder whose done great for almost 3 years now. But I think I lucked out as they can be finicky when first introduced and not eat...mines a pig lol

Good to know he/she's thriving and eating well! They are a very stunning fish! Hope he/she lasts you long!

- Diego

Back
Top Bottom