dwarf angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvanderborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright. So I know dwarf angels are considered to be NOT reef safe, but why is this? Do they pick on nems or polyps or both? Reason I ask is I have a 25 gal that will be reef but with just polyps and zoos and I REALLY want a bicolor angel but not if its going to kill everything. What's ur thought on this guys?

I've tried multiple types of dwarf angels and every one has eventually turned towards soft corals with a special love for zoas. A 25 may also be pushing it sizewise.

I've also heard that dwarf angels pick on soft corals though I've also heard that some are better then others, couldn't give you a name. The minimum size for the bicolor angel and probably most others is 30 gals. 5 is gals is not allot so you could probably get away with it.

SO FAR, my coral beauty is not nipping at anything. Only been 2 or 3 weeks though.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and he doesn't bother anything, I got him from a guy that had him in a 100 gal with all sorts of soft coral and he never bothered anything.

Back
Top Bottom