Dwarf angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I were to have 1 coral beauty, 3 green chromis, a Bengali cardinal and a engineer goby in a 55 gallon tank how stocked is this?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Per Liveaquaria, minimum tank size on a Coral Beauty is 70 gallons.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

just so your aware engineer goby's get rather large mine is around 18inch they also like a deep sand bed , coral beauty will be fine in a 55 very nice looking fish but fragile during acclimation period they tend to not eat and need to be enticed garlic usually works , 3 chromis and banjji , all these fish will be fine in a 55 just be careful with decorator shrimp my engineer snacks on them

Per Liveaquaria, minimum tank size on a Coral Beauty is 70 gallons.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

liveaquaria tends to error on the side of safety and the sizes they state for fish are usually the wild size not very often attained in captivity.
so I take their stocking recommendations with a grain of salt.

It also has a lot to do with the filtration scheme being used. If using a simple Berlin sump configuration, skimmer and refugium and that's it, then yeah, the tank is full, but if you go all out on filtration and redundancy then you can stock more heavily.

When you say all out filtration do you mean like overfiltering?

When you say all out filtration do you mean like overfiltering?

For example on my 50 display setup I have a refugium with a deep sand bed, protein skimmer, reactors for bio-pellets, Purigen and GFO, a secondary sump with Matrix and pumice blocks for biological filtration and a Magnum 350 canister filter with Seachem's carbon/phosban mix.
the total water volume is probably around 70 gallons
Redundant and some would say overkill, but my stocking and feeding is what most would consider "heavy" and my water parameters now stay on point with very little need for much action or adjustment on my part beyond partial water changes.
I have 7 fish, 4 hermits, 4 nassarius snails, 6-8 astria snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 flame shrimp, 1 camel shrimp, 1 emerald green crab, a chocolate chip star, thousands of mini brittle stars and various coral.

You can run a reef tank with simply live rock and a skimmer, but you have far less margin for error and slight issues could potentially present big problems.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455830875.745519.jpg

Neat fish but they get huge. They are relentless diggers so be prepared for your sand bed moving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom