Dwarf lion fish and your expieriences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am wanting one in a tank with two o clowns and a sifting goby....also i have a cleaner shrimp a pep shrimp camel shrimp and pistol......any idea if he would be good in this combo...

I can move all my shrimp to the refuge if needed....but I've heard he is fine with cleaner shrimps as he looks at them as a helper not food

Reefpete said:
I am wanting one in a tank with two o clowns and a sifting goby....also i have a cleaner shrimp a pep shrimp camel shrimp and pistol......any idea if he would be good in this combo...

I can move all my shrimp to the refuge if needed....but I've heard he is fine with cleaner shrimps as he looks at them as a helper not food

From my experience with lion fish they always go after shrimp before they would eat a fish

UMMMMMMMMM lionfish can eat things over 1/3 of their body length, so, no, it definitely wouldnt work. Sorry :(

Hey reefpete, I am following along because this is what I'm doing with my 60g build.

From what I read, they will go after the shrimp and possible the goby. Not to hijack your thread, but my tank will be a Valentini puffer, dwarf lion of some sort, and a snowflake. I read these little puffers (like the fiji) can actually be good tank mates with a dwarf lion!

Back
Top Bottom