dwarf lionfish / corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good question. I'm lurking. Only prob that comes to mind right away is how to work with coral frags and avoid being stung by the lion.

from what I know they don't intentionally bother corals.

If your not careful, yes, you could get stung. It's good practice to not work in a tank with a lionfish in it unless you have someone else with you to watch for the lion.

i'm getting ready to do the same thing. i would just say to make sure you have something to control the bioload of feeding the lion and keeping tank levels safe for the coral. ya know with all the extra waste i plan on 50 lbs rock a small bio wheel and a sump with all the good stuff to handle the bioload so my feeding the lion wont make my tank go crazy and the coral die off. just a suggestion though

I'm not sure I agree with the biowheel, though. Those things potentially INCREASE the amount of nitrates in the system. In my 90 gal I will have about 160 lb of lr - and another 40 or so in my sump. That should keep the nitrate level down to near zero.

Back
Top Bottom