Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question. i have a 30g reef tank and wondering if a Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish would be ok to place in my tank. the web site says with caution and i was wondering if any one else had any problems with them maybe nipping at there corals or clams?
also i have 1 clown fish and looking to get 1 more. would that be a problem also?

the corals and clams are not a problem with lionfish. The clown's would most likely end up on the buffet line at some point in time.

Dendrochirus zebra, Dwarf Zebra Lionfish, will not bother your corals and clams. They will; however, consume crustaceans and fish readily given the opportunity. I'd give your clownfish (percula/ocellaris?) a week depending on the size, mouth size, of the lionfish lol. Oh, and a 30g would be a bare minimum for just the lionfish alone ;)

yea i think i wont be getting one. my kids love the clown fish .. go figure. lol well i uess i will search for some other fish
thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom