Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
dying leather coral?

My leather coral and pulsing xenias that I just added in my 125 seem to be dying the xenias are not pulsing and the leather coral was a Orange color and it is now grey they arnt melting though? I axidently lightly touched it twice while moving it. It's not slimy or anything please help I'm new with coral.. I have 125 lbs of live rock 125 gallon tank fluval fx5 coralife compact florescents 96x4 I just changed the light bulbs before buying the coral and I just got a remora pro skimmer.. nitrates are close to 0 ph is at around 8.2 please help me? By the way the tank has been set up for three years..

davidmaguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Moved to the sick fish and coral forum.

Leathers will do what we call sloughing. They will look bad and usually shed a layer of their outer self. Mine do it every few weeks to a month.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, dyi, dying, eat, leather

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search