ease of blue linka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really want a starfish that will not eat my crocea clam.. I have heard that the only sure reef safe one is a blue linka. (I do not want a brittle) I have heard various reports of how difficult they are. Anyone have any thoughts/ experiences to share? 8O

have heard various reports of how difficult they are. Anyone have any thoughts/ experiences to share?

Make sure you have at least a 100g tank with well established LR and acclimate appropriately and you should do OK provided each time the star was changed from one body of water to the next it was acclimated properly. IME, if they do not die from poor acclimation, they are an easy species to care for if you can provide enough for them to eat.

I have a 70 gal tank, so I guess that is out. Any other ideas as to what star I could get that would not bother my clam.....

Thank you reefrunner, a fromia it will be! They do not sell them at my LFS, any online dealer that you would recommend?

Back
Top Bottom