Easiest way to clean old aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just picked up a 55gal tank for $40 that is predrilled and was wondering whats the easiest way to clean the glass inside and out? It have mineral buildup on the glass...Going to use as a frag tank wondering whats the easiest way to clean it. TIA

Well im guessing its minerals from water, like calcium and other elements that have dried onto the glass... vinegar and water will take it off?

Yep. The vinegar will disolve just about any mineral deposit. You can use undiluted vinegar for the big deposits. Some vinegar and a rag with some elbow power is about all you will need. If you fill the tank with water or can position the tank so the deposits can soak in a vinegar/water solution or full power vinegar it will at the least soften up the deposits making it easer to dislodge from the glass.

Sounds good i was thinking of using lime away and just rinsing the tank really well. Would that work?

Wow learned something new. Ill have to try this tonight on the old tank I just got.
Mrclean magic eraser worked great for getting off all the old dried up algae that had built up on the sides of this one.

You could use a razor blade but this is an actual film on the glass like mineral and calcium deposits. Very hard to get off you have to scrub alot.....I could try a Mrclean magic eraser those things seem to clean everything.

Back
Top Bottom