Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
You need atleast a 175w metal halide fixture if you plan on keeping an anemone and a mature tank. If you do a search you can findout everything you need to know.

37 gal all glass
50lb LR
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by aoplayo
I was just thinking of keeping LR with some ananemoes. what would i need for that? Would i need fish to keep up a bio-load?
Amazing how fast this hobby goes from "easy" to "difficult" with one sentence

Read on my friend!

demodiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
I co-sign with others as this hobby is not cheap nor easy. I have spent thousands of dollars on my 29g. I don't have any anemones or coral, but I do have LR with lots of macro-algae. In a smaller tank it requires more maintenance and much more attention to detail.

29g FOWLR- 2 Percula Clowns
2 Emerald Mithrax Crab, 5 Nassarius Snails, 3 Astrea Snails, 1 mexican turbo snails, 1 Chocolate Chip Star, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, and 27lbs of LR 2lbs tonga branch and 25lbs fiji rock

Maiden's Hair, Calerpa, and Red Kelp macro algae.
X the Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater, saltwater tanks, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com