Eclipse is out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim1123us

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I finally decided that working around my eclipse 3 hood was fruitless, and decided to ditch it. The final straw was when I purchased an AquaC Remora and could not find anywhere that would allow me to mount it with the eclipse hood . With that said.... I spent the Xmas holiday building a custom canopy. I pulled the 65W PC reto out of the eclipse hood for lighting ( hopefully I'll have enough space to add another 65W PC), and added the Remora to the tank . So far so good.

My question is what should I use for mechanical filtration? The Eclipse had I BIO wheel, and carbon/floss. Will I need the same with the protein skimmer?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

i made a remora for nano tanks like that in the diy section...As far as the biowheel goes you need to ditch it if youre doing a reef tank. If youre doing fish only its cool but in reefs it will just raise your nitrates too high. You dont need any kind of floss/biowheels with a skimmer on reef tanks.

Boy, I wish I had come across this thread a lot sooner. I was planning on tossing the biowheel tomorrow anyway. I'm going to put a bag of ac in its place and replace the ac sponge combo with just a sponge. Does that sound like a good idea?

Oh yeah, I've got an Eclipse 2 hood. This is my last attempt before going to a custom hood. It is nice for keeping everything covered and unmolested by my 2 year old.

Back
Top Bottom