Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2004, 12:22 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-s
Except the cleaner magnet would actually be useful!!

Cheers
Steve
No wonder my 75 looks nice. I have 3 of them magfloats stuck to the side. I gotta buy a few more for my 80 then.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Any tips on the configuration of magfloats on the glass to attain maximum field stabilization?

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:59 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
YES acutally.

Scientific tests done in my state of the art labratory have shown that by placing these high power magnets in a grid pattern with one magfloat at the four corners of a square and then placing a magfloat directly in the middle of the square you will reach magnetic harmony.

Any living cells crossing said plane of magnetic harmony will result in the tissue being realigned for maximum effectiveness.

The magnetic benifits have been shown to lose effectivness at a distance of 23.46". Thus aquariums with a total width of 24" or less can benifit from having these magnets located on only 1 side. Tanks greater than 24" but no wider than 48" should place these magfloats in this grid pattern on both sides of the tank. If a tank is greater than 48" then a third set of magnets should be located along the center line on the back of the tank.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

ECO-Aqualizer restores this reactivity using electromagnetic energy and far infrared waves. These combined forces in a vacuum sealed chamber, create ionization reactions in water molecules. As water flows through the ECO chamber, it's bombarded with photons and polarity energies. These combined ionization properties reduce Hydrogen Bonding (2). As bonds are broken, an increase in molecular reactions occur in water. This causes toxins to become free floating for easier removal. Nutrients more bio-available to livestock. Also, halogens such as Na+Cl- that are neutralized when bonded are released again (3), and act as natural sterilizers to contaminants.

http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/technology.asp <- better description

thats is from the eco aqualizer site, now the chemsitry IS CORRECT ( look up ionization potential, redox reactions, and water reactions in a college level text), the explenation is over generalized and there is a mis use of terminology (such as refering to Na+ as a halogen 8O ). What they mean by "far infrared waves" is simply light from the infrared spectrum, and by reactivity they simply mean the ion count in the water (if water has more ions in will react faster, ofcourse depending on what you put in it and for what reaction etc etc etc). Anyhow, my point was that there is chemistry behind their desing, just their description is pretty awful. Now this doesnt mean i think it will work as well as they claim in terms of making the water that much better, but their chemistry seems correct (there is no way to validate without some more scientific data or well a trial run).
3x penguin 1140 ph
2x65 10,000K and 2x65 03 Acintic
40lbs cc/30lbs argonite sand mixture
80lbs keys rock (www.liverocks.com awesome stuff)
25lbs fiji/tonga lr
10lbs lace base rock (now hapily live with lots of coraline growth)
lziarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:57 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
IS CORRECT
Quote:
the explenation is over generalized and there is a mis use of terminology
Thought it was correct??

I still stand by my previous statement which is that this product (not the spin they put on it) has nothing to do with chemistry or science.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

heh I'll agree to that, until proven otherwise I do not think the product itself does what they claim it does, or that it has that large of an effect. I do think the concept is kinda cool though
=). My main point was that in theory this device could be pretty beneficial.
3x penguin 1140 ph
25lbs fiji/tonga lr
Old 06-23-2004, 06:33 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nevermind that, I want to hear more of the science behind magfloat field stabilization!

Old 06-23-2004, 07:44 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
What they mean by "far infrared waves" is simply light from the infrared spectrum
So my question is where is this light getting generated? The unit as far as I know does not get plugged in to the outlet and there isnt a ballast or bulb anywhere.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

not a clue how they generate the photons, didnt read to much about the unit itself just about what they planned on doing (the science interested me more than the device itself). They could be using magnets to force photo emissions, but Im not sure how powerful of a magnet you would need to do that 8O
3x penguin 1140 ph
25lbs fiji/tonga lr
Old 06-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

There's a big magfloat inside it!!!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com