eco-aqualizer? Any thoughts on this product?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ever used this product before? I saw it in aquariumfish magazine and it looks promising, (that is if it really works) It's quite inexpensive, promises great results and easy to install... No electricity to run it either.

let me know if this is worth purchasing (it has a 6 month money back guarantee)

www.ecoaqualizer.com

well the chemistry seems right, atleast what is posted on their website, but I doubt you will see much of a difference ;) ESPECIALLY if you do water changes since waste will diffuse across the water column,

captivereefs said:
tape a magnet to the back of your tank; same thing really!

So in theory I would get as much benifit from having my magnetic glass cleaner stuck to the tank at all times?

:lol:

Except the cleaner magnet would actually be useful!!

Cheers
Steve

I heard it makes your fish immortal also :wink:

steve-s said:
Except the cleaner magnet would actually be useful!!

Cheers
Steve

No wonder my 75 looks nice. I have 3 of them magfloats stuck to the side. I gotta buy a few more for my 80 then.

Any tips on the configuration of magfloats on the glass to attain maximum field stabilization?

YES acutally.

Scientific tests done in my state of the art labratory have shown that by placing these high power magnets in a grid pattern with one magfloat at the four corners of a square and then placing a magfloat directly in the middle of the square you will reach magnetic harmony.

Any living cells crossing said plane of magnetic harmony will result in the tissue being realigned for maximum effectiveness.

The magnetic benifits have been shown to lose effectivness at a distance of 23.46". Thus aquariums with a total width of 24" or less can benifit from having these magnets located on only 1 side. Tanks greater than 24" but no wider than 48" should place these magfloats in this grid pattern on both sides of the tank. If a tank is greater than 48" then a third set of magnets should be located along the center line on the back of the tank.

:mrgreen: :lach: :eyes:

ECO-Aqualizer restores this reactivity using electromagnetic energy and far infrared waves. These combined forces in a vacuum sealed chamber, create ionization reactions in water molecules. As water flows through the ECO chamber, it's bombarded with photons and polarity energies. These combined ionization properties reduce Hydrogen Bonding (2). As bonds are broken, an increase in molecular reactions occur in water. This causes toxins to become free floating for easier removal. Nutrients more bio-available to livestock. Also, halogens such as Na+Cl- that are neutralized when bonded are released again (3), and act as natural sterilizers to contaminants.

http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/technology.asp <- better description

thats is from the eco aqualizer site, now the chemsitry IS CORRECT ( look up ionization potential, redox reactions, and water reactions in a college level text), the explenation is over generalized and there is a mis use of terminology (such as refering to Na+ as a halogen 8O ). What they mean by "far infrared waves" is simply light from the infrared spectrum, and by reactivity they simply mean the ion count in the water (if water has more ions in will react faster, ofcourse depending on what you put in it and for what reaction etc etc etc). Anyhow, my point was that there is chemistry behind their desing, just their description is pretty awful. Now this doesnt mean i think it will work as well as they claim in terms of making the water that much better, but their chemistry seems correct (there is no way to validate without some more scientific data or well a trial run).

heh I'll agree to that, until proven otherwise I do not think the product itself does what they claim it does, or that it has that large of an effect. I do think the concept is kinda cool though
=). My main point was that in theory this device could be pretty beneficial.

Nevermind that, I want to hear more of the science behind magfloat field stabilization!

What they mean by "far infrared waves" is simply light from the infrared spectrum

So my question is where is this light getting generated? The unit as far as I know does not get plugged in to the outlet and there isnt a ballast or bulb anywhere.

not a clue how they generate the photons, didnt read to much about the unit itself just about what they planned on doing (the science interested me more than the device itself). They could be using magnets to force photo emissions, but Im not sure how powerful of a magnet you would need to do that 8O

Back
Top Bottom