Eco System Reef Solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody use this stuff. I was using the Fish Solution when i had my FO tank and now that i have a reef i ordered this stuff. Just got it today and put the first dose in. I've heard good things about it, just wondering if anybody else uses it and what kind of results you've seen.

Its pretty much supposed to be an all in one reef additive. Made to be used daily it is supposed to replace all additives accept for calcium.

http://www.ecosystemaquarium.com/html/reef.html

They also make a Garlic Elixer that i use. Its expensive, but supposed to be the best out there.

I would be cautious of any additive! If you start adding things like this to your tank you will need to test for the elements in the additive to make sure you aren't putting too much in. I maintain my water quality with PWCs every other week. I have tremendous growth in my SPS and LPS corals. I personally don't add anything to my tank. When you start adding things to a tank you have to keep adding them and maintaining things and testing and that to me is just a lot more work...

I don't use additives either, but the owner of my LFS who is a marine biologist that's worked all over the place said that it was new and that he heard great things about it and wanted me to give it a try so i got it. You aren't supposed to need to test because there is such tiny traces in the stuff and it is for use every day. They do not give a list of ingredients, its one of the companies things that they don't want everyone to know what they are using in their products. Its one capfull for every 50g of water every day, i used there Fish solution in my FO tank for about a year and my fish were very healthy and brightly colored so i figured i would give the reef stuff a go. It is mostly vitamins and not so much elements although they r in there. There is also some type of garlic in it because you can smell it.

"Restores Vibrant Colors to Fishes
Prevents and Reverses Head and
Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)
Provides Essential Organic Nutrients
Promotes More Polyp Extensions in Corals
No Other Additives are Needed"

As the saying goes, if it sounds to good to be true... I think the money would be better spent elsewhere. JMHO

"Restores Vibrant Colors to Fishes
Prevents and Reverses Head and
Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)
Provides Essential Organic Nutrients
Promotes More Polyp Extensions in Corals
No Other Additives are Needed"

It`s hard to believe that it does all that. I`ll just stick to my weekly PWC`s. If you do use it then let us know the results.

I'll keep u updated on it. I started with it today. The site i ordered it from has a feedback section for the products and all of the responses were very positive, the people all said they had great results.

I hope that it works out for you there! I have to agree with MT79 and Melosu58...sounds too good to be true. I too will stick with my PWCs but would love to hear the results!

Back
Top Bottom