Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Ecosystem filters

Has anyone had any experience with the Ecosystem filters developed by Leng Sy? I'm thinking about trying one soon.

Old 12-11-2004, 05:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

imo for the money you could make a better fuge that will run circles around it

Old 12-11-2004, 09:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

if your set one one i found this ! save ya some money
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=485138
Old 12-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #4

They work pretty good. I set up a 180 for a local pharmacist using one about 2 years ago. The tank is very healthy and everything is growing great! I did however stick a remora pro on there just tomake my self feel better. The skimmer pulls very little! Only thing i do not like is the amount of detritus that setles in the water intake chamber. But a good wet/dry vac can take care of that every 6 months or so! I will sat the macro does grow super fast in that mud!!
Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I wonder if you could, in lieu of the bioballs in the intake chamber, use either a filter pad or a bag to trap the trash. That would make it easier to remove and the caulerpa should take care of any nitrates that are produced although I doubt nitrate production would be any higher than it is with the balls in place. I was kinda leaning towards a DIY setup that maybe incorporated the best aspects of the Berlin and Eco in one.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

logan ya could always use a pvc tube to hold the bio-balls and then dump into the fuge ! not sure the room you have or willing to make but could use any size tank and just buy the mud if thats the big secret of the system ! after using a 55 gallon for a fuge i love it ! now that my 125 is about ready i will have 2 55 fuges ! one will be lit 24/7 the other i was thinking of just alot of lr rubble and keep it dark for pods even though pods grew great in my 24 lit fuge but i see when its all set up that i would really like to try a few seahorses or pipe fish but someone told me a 55 is way to big ?!?!? so if thats true ill add a 20 or something lolol

Tags
filter, filters, stem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com