Ecoxotic 445nm stunner Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZacksFlowerhorn123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a stndard 55 gallon reef tank (48x12x18). I want to have more of a moonlight at night because my blue lunar leds just aren't cuttin it for me.. The corals dont pop like i would like them too.. Sooooooo.

I have a frogspawn that is see through green on the tentacles! So sool!! And purple on the tips..
I also have some green stripe mushrooms, galaxea coral, and green hammer coral with pink tips..
A Zoanthid colony that is mostly all green Zoas, with the occasional orange here and there.

I also plan on getting a red micromussa or favia while in Charlotte next Sunday.

I have seen the Ecoxotic stunner at the store I like to shop at in Charlotte. And i was wondering if a 12in. Would cover a good portion of the tank.. Since I have a canopy, alot of the light will be focused into the tank.. Will a 12 inch work?? I can always buy another 12 inch stunner and connect the 2 if needed right??

All of my corals are on the left side of my tank(2 foot from coral to coral) so how about if I got that 12in. Stunner and put it on the left side over my corals.. Then later on once ive started on the right side and moved my corals around, i can buy 1 more 12in. Stunner for the right side...

QUESTION:::

IS THE 12IN. STUNNER GOING TO BE ENOUGH MOONLIGHT FOR HALF OF THE TANK????
If so
Is it going to be enough for the whole tank?:brows:

I want my corals to really Fluoresce in the moonlight. So the Ecoxotic 445nm is my best bet right?

Ill on for the rest of the evening so please coment so I can make my arrangements for my 4 hour trip.. (y)

Oh and any suggestion on coral are greatly appreciated! :thanks:

If this is just a moonlight, I am sure the 12 will be plenty. I have a 5 foot tank and only use 2 separate LED moonlight modules each with 3 dark blue modules. Just 6 dark blue LEDs light up the tank just enough. Don't want to have a overbearing bright light keeping your fish awake.
Ones I have just for another idea:
Current USA TrueLumen 3-LED Linking Module
The green/yellow/reds pop like..someone drew highlighter all over them! Really awesome so yes the 12" stunner will work for half or more of your tank.

obscurereef said:
If this is just a moonlight, I am sure the 12 will be plenty. I have a 5 foot tank and only use 2 separate LED moonlight modules each with 3 dark blue modules. Just 6 dark blue LEDs light up the tank just enough. Don't want to have a overbearing bright light keeping your fish awake.
Ones I have just for another idea:
Current USA TrueLumen 3-LED Linking Module
The green/yellow/reds pop like..someone drew highlighter all over them! Really awesome so yes the 12" stunner will work for half or more of your tank.

I have that same light on one of my tanks and it's crazy bright for only 3 LEDs. Best thing is they're linkable and can be spaced apart for maximum coverage. I recommend them, too. I got mine on amazon.

So does the module come with it or ist it true that its seperate? If so how much do they cost?

For the ecoxotic and the moonlights I have, you need to buy a separate a 12V transformer. 2 current USA truelumen modules at $10 each + a $15 transformer is going to be cheaper than the $40ish ecoxotic module and $15 transformer.

Oh.. Cool. And the ones you posted the link to are what you use right? JMS. And they Fluoresce your corals really well too? :)

Back
Top Bottom