EEL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphamon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok...heres the deal, i have myself an "empty" tank
40g
26kg live rock
10cm sand bed
1 hermit crab :D
pH 8.3
nH3 0
nH4 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate .2
Temp 27
SG 1.025

I want an eel, whats the smallest of all?
i also want some more crabs and snails...safe with the eel?
clownies....safe with the eel?
anenomes...safe with the eel?
sorry about the long way 4 me 2 write...what is the smallest eel that i can have in the tank?

Thanx in advance:D
Murpha

Hey murph, Is there any particular eel you like? Snowflake morays are popular (and reasonably priced) and do not tend to reach their growth potential (30") in captivity, most stopping at about 12"-18". It really depends on what you like, do you want a moray eel? or will other types do? I am not an eel eficianado, but if you'll give me an idea of what you want, I'll put some thought into it and see what I can come up with. Depending (greatly) on what type of eel it is...will determine what (if anything) will be sage with it, in most cases though...hermits and other crabs are out.

the clown has been safe with the snowflake..periodically i find crab parts here and there. My peppermint shrimp are down by half. started with 10, have 4 now. They love escargot.

hey admins,

I think it is great that we are a international forum now. However it makes it hard to answer questions that people from other countries ask. Could you guys make a conversion scale that would benifit people from all countries. Like wieght, measurements (as in length,height, width and depth), and tempature. It would make it much easier for me to help people like Murphamon. If you dont feel its nessasary, then say "Micheal, shut up and do your homework!!" LOL.

Murphamon, Sorry, I dont know much about eels, but I hope to learn more about your setup, if I can get them ol' admins to help me out. LOL. good luck!!
Micheal Prater

ok....heres the answers
36x14x20
40g
80 deg F
lookin at a moray...but i just want an eel of sum kind, i dunno, sum kinds can't be kept in SA

Murpha

Quote:

Could you guys make a conversion scale that would benifit people from all countries

oooooooooooook u got it
24 C = 75.2
25 C = 77
26 C = 78.8
27 C = 80.6
28 C = 82.4

.4536kg = 1lb 1kg = 2.2046lb

2.54cm = 1"
30.48cm = 1'

4.54611b litres = 1 gallon

any others...hope that help with my eel answers and all others

YOU CAN FIND ALL THIS AND OTHER KOOL STUFF IF YOU WANT
on www.onlineconversion.com

so my tank is.... 36 long x 14 wide x 20 deep
80degrees
65lbs live rock
4" sand bed
all the rest is the same
sorry to all non-metric users that tried to help without the proper measurements :D still much appreciated

Murpha

I can start writting some new calculators for conversions.

Cant promise when they will be up as I have to get them working and looking how I like first.

so my tank is.... 36 long x 14 wide x 20 deep

hmm, I think your tank is too small to house an eel, a baby eel for awhile maybe...but that is about it.

Thanx again...i was looking at a very small baby eel if i get one at all.
can anyone out there tell me of any eels that are quite small...doesnt have to be a moray...just an eel...my specs are up there ^ so i look 4ward to everyones input :D

Ariosoma impresse gets to 18cm, which is a little over 6". It is a conger eel, and I used to see them available from time to time. Good luck.

Kevin,
I did a google search on that eel and came up empty, do you have any links for it?
It sounds quite interesting

In the new AFM, Scott Michael features Ideal fish for the nano reef, in the article he mentions Gymnothorax melatremus the Golden Moray Eel, it only get's to approc 7" which would be in the neighborhood of 20cm.

http://www.vibrantsea.net/golden28_anilao12.html
Photo ©1997-2002 Jeffrey Rosenfeld
golden28_anilao12.jpg

fishfreak,

You truly do not have to go to such great lengths to do that. One thing that may work is linking to this website.

Back
Top Bottom