eel!!! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya seriously you NEED A LID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would you get an eel and not a lid??????????????? I would research these things before hand.

I don't think yelling at him is gonna bring he's eel back or make him feel any better about the situation. It happened. Lesson learned. Sorry for your loss brother...

He jumped out and i found him dead on the floor this morning :(!!! Snowflake Moray Eel

Sorry man, that sucks. Unfortunately many fish/eel species are prone to tank jumping (especially if there's anything in the tank causing them stress)...

Awful way to learn it, and you definitely have my sympathy/empathy. But do yourself a favor and get a top for your tank before rushing out to replace him. Keeps stuff in that should be in, and keeps anything from falling in that shouldn't be.

The reason your eel jumped out is because it was in a 10 gallon tank. Even a baby snowflake eel cant live comfortably in those conditions, and it will be stressed. That is probably what caused it to jump. It sucks i know. Hopefully your luck will improve

The reason your eel jumped out is because it was in a 10 gallon tank. Even a baby snowflake eel cant live comfortably in those conditions, and it will be stressed. That is probably what caused it to jump. It sucks i know. Hopefully your luck will improve

Ah didnt realize this was the guy "temporarily" housing his eel in the 10G.

Yea, that would definitely explain it. Quite frankly, I wouldn't house ANYTHING in a tank that small without a top of some kind - only so much space for them to fill!

Back
Top Bottom