Eel and Urchin Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

What are your preferances on urchins?
Easy or not?

Also, would an eel eat any of my fish at all?

Zac, read some on eels, I had suggested that you try places like marinedepotlive.com amd liveaquaria.com for your preliminary research. There are too many eels out there to just generalize, but if you want a generalization, then YES, eels eat fish.

Success in this hobby requires that you learn to do your own reading, and not just on message boards. Read books, articles and then come here to ask for clarification or questions that your reading doesnt answer. It isnt that I do not want to help you, but I see a tendency that you do not even begin to look for your own answers and you need to learn to do so.

Snoflake Eels.

I have tried reading up. Mostly what I find is what the requirements to keep them is.

I dont see documentaries from individuals like you guys, that have kept them and know what they act like, their tempermants, etc.

BTW What does an aptistia (Spelling) anemonae look like?
I have this little thing on my rock that looks like an itty bitty feather duster and I dontk now what it is.

zac,
hit www.google.com - click on the Images button, then search for Aptasia.

Snowflake eels can get 36" long, thus too large for a 30gallon. You need a cave-like area for it to live in. Most eels are also great tank escape artists, so you'll need a tight fittign lid to prevent it from jumping out and turning into a strip of dried out jerky.

Back
Top Bottom