Eel questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nøjo

Aquarium Advice Activist
So far with my tank I've had a lot of luck with the availibility of items at my local stores but the one I saw lately blew me away. A blue Ghost Eel came in and for only $60 I am having a very hard time not getting really excited with the idea of it making a home in my tank. Thing is, I am having a hard time finding out much about them in terms of compatibility with other fish, crabs, or even if they are reef friendly. The main problem I have is that I am wary of putting anything in my tank that will feed on my crabs or shrimps. I was told that they only feed on the smaller ones but still am being very careful. I love the eel, but not enough to see it decimate my crustaceans.

If anyone can lend some helpful advice or share some experience, let me know. The only thing I know so far is that you have to bolt down your lids to prevent it from carpet diving.

i dont really know anything about that eel but most or all will eat crabs(not hermets)and shrimp also any fish small enough,as fas as the carpet diving problem i just keep the top as closed up as possible but no real effort into sealing it shut(wich would also not the tank have any fresh air and kill your eel eventually)ive had a snowflake for years with no problems jumping.

Back
Top Bottom