Eels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I wanted a coral catshark, and I really dont want to do bad for the fish, so im not getting one. Ill have to wait until I move out and get an 8x3 tank. Which will be in awhile since im 13 lol. I had a snowflake eel and LOVED it. Could I finish my tank off with a ghost eel AND a snowflake? It is a reef but not really because its FOWLR with corals. I would like to get both eels. I do 30-40g pwcs every week with a rodi unit. Also, 220 skimmer and refugium with chaetomorpha.

Yes but they would need to be the same size and you need A LOT of caves and rock work for each to be able to claim as its own.

Well they get to be different sizes. The ghosts get 3' and the snowflakes get 2'. Snowflakes are ALOT thicker though. Would I be ok?

Oh and I would be buying the ghost at 18-24" and the snowflake at 5-8" but I could QT him for a long time until he grows. Do you have to QT eels? Can eels even get or carry ick?

What happened to your first snowflake? Will these eels be going in your 150? If so it could be done but as stated earlier they'll need a lot of caves and crevices to feel comfortable. They'll also eat any small fish or crustaceans you have.

Yup IK. My old snowflake actually got eaten by my grouper cause it was at night and he looked like a small worm. The eel was twice his size. I will be ordering from LA and the ghost is 18-24" and the snowflake 5-8". The snowflake will stay in QT until he gets bigger.

Did you witness the grouper eat it? If you're ordering from LA could you get a larger snowflake or a smaller ghost? Just a suggestion.

Those are the only siEs they they have in now. My sfe went in my sump twice and the second time I put Jim back I saw him go behind a rock my grouper swam over I saw sand fly and didn't see the eel.

crister13 said:
Those are the only siEs they they have in now. My sfe went in my sump twice and the second time I put Jim back I saw him go behind a rock my grouper swam over I saw sand fly and didn't see the eel.

Yea I'd say the grouper got him lol. How big is the grouper? It might just happen again. I would QT the eel to make sure its eating and healthy.

Alright. The groupers only like 7-8 inches. The ghost will be fine and I'll wait for the sfe to grow. Thanks for the help!!!!! Also, would the ghost eat the sfe of they were both in the qt at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom