EELS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 37 gallon containing 1 Tomato Clown , 1 Blue Headed Wrasse , 1 Royal Gramma , 2 Damsels , is it possible 2 hav a Snowflake or Ghost Eel with damsels or should i wait until the damsels and gramma die? can a snowflake eel live with a full grown tomato clown and 6 inch blue headed wrasse with out eating them?

Attachments

• snowflake.jpg
    snowflake.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 178
I would say your are pushing the bioload of your tank with what you have already. SFE will add a large bioload in a tank that size. SFE are shrimp eaters not fish, don't get me wrong if there hungry it may try to eat a small fish.
I have mine in a 55 with small clowns and a purple pseudochromis and they are all fine.
I would either get a larger tank for them all or get a new tank for just the eel.

hmm yea the eel will eat small fishys and IDK about a 37 gallon it may be to small I went to my LFS yesterday they have a 2 foot eel if I didnt start reef I would so get one. I would suggest upgrading to maybe a 55 but a 65 is 18 inches wider which means more room. for that bad boy

I have A Coral Banded Shrimp and the eel is about 7 inches , will he eat him? I will upgrade my tank to a 55 gallon is the future

My Coral Banded Shrimp Is Very Big , I never Seen one as big as mine , I have a 55 gallon FW with cichlide that grow to at least 7 inches , can i slowly accumilate my 55 FW with cichlide to 50/50 SW and FW? will the snowflake survive?

You'd be amazed at what an eel can swallow. I think the eel in a cichlid tank is a very bad idea. The eels is a marine animal, cichlids are not.

I agree with fluff also don't be decieved at how big the jaw looks when it swims around thye open quiet wide. IDK if they unhick them or what but it deff. gets bigger when its about to eat. You could go to the pet store and ask them to throw a demsel in the tank and when you come back te next morning I can asure you it will not be there. If its hungary.

I feed mine twice a week, as much as he'll eat in one sitting. Because I'm not feeding him a livefood diet, it's a simple matter of offering it til he's done. :D

Back
Top Bottom