Eels???? To keep or to not keep? What is your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

Well when I make the canopy (and if I deside to get an eel) I will make it eel proof so it doesnt get out...

That beings said...

What is everyones opions on these?

I was thinking of a smaller, less aggressive Snoflake eel.

Opinions??

BTW I would feed it every day (or every other or whatever you reccomend) shrimp or squid or something like that.

30 gallon and prolly some clowns, blennies, gobys, etc

snowflakes aren't known as fish hunters but, if you put it in with small easy targets such as what you have listed, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned up missing.

i agree a 50g with alittle bit larger fish would be better
ive seen my snowflake eat pieces of shrimp as large as a clown and hes only 12-14" long wait till hes 24 or 36"

I hate to piggy back, but my hubby is putting one in his 90g w/ lionfish. Will the lionfish pose a problem for the eel with there fins and all or does the eel know to steer clear? We asked the LFS of course but you know how that goes...

clowninround said:
I hate to piggy back, but my hubby is putting one in his 90g w/ lionfish. Will the lionfish pose a problem for the eel with there fins and all or does the eel know to steer clear? We asked the LFS of course but you know how that goes...

You should be fine with the lionfish. I had an eel with my lion fish and leopard grouper in a 55 gallon tank many years ago without any problems.

I wouldn't put an eel in a 30 gallon with anything else. The eel could be in the tank exclusively, but nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom