Eels with Anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone keep eels with anemones? I'm reluctantly selling my zebra moray eel and someone in my local fish club is interested but has several Heteractis magnificas in her tank. She emailed me that she may want my eel but was concerned with the magnificas possibly hurting him.

My eel is very docile and stays in his cave most of the time, even at night just poking his head out. When he does swim around, it's mainly at the bottom and I think magnificas tend to stay up top - but, I really don't know. Zebras have bad eye sight too - so, I'm a little concerned that he may brush up against them from time to time...not sure what kind of damage that would do.

Any thoughts? Love this guy and it kills me to get rid of them. This person interested is very experienced so I know he'd go to a good home - but, her concern about the anemones seems valid to me.

Thanks.

- Skins

i personaly had 3 snowflake eels at different times all with carpet aneomes, bta, and ltas. no problems i found once it brushed up against it for a sec and quickly learned not to again.

My concern was that Zebras have notoriously bad eye sight - so I'm not sure he would stay away after being stung once. Anyone have any experience with anemones and Zebra morays?

Back
Top Bottom