egg crate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SALTY72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know probably a repeat question, gee i'm so sorry!! Thinking about this option, but need a little more description. Where is the best place to pick this up , what does it look like? Will this affect my lighting? Does it replace my glass top?

Egg crate is that that plstic grid looking sheet that you see covering flourecent light fixtures in the ceiling. It can be found at almost any home improvement store inthe lighting department. It is ment to replace your glass top. Since the egg crate has open spaces light penetrates very well. it can be cut to fit most any tank. I think a lot of folks here use it. Anyone out ther have pics? Lando

Home Depot has it, even though their employees shrug their shoulders when you ask for it, it is right where they keep the ceiling tiles, 10 bucks or so a sheet.

Home Depot has it, even though their employees shrug their shoulders when you ask for it, it is right where they keep the ceiling tiles, 10 bucks or so a sheet.

Evaporation is a good thing.. Topping off isn't exactly a huge chore, I do it everyday.

Back
Top Bottom