Eggcrate tank cover subdues the light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a 75g bowfront Oceanic tank with PC moonlighting. 2 10Ks and actinic. Been keeping those tight fitting glass covers off the top. They fit too well. Anyway, I got on of those 1/4 inch deep plastic ceiling light grids this weekend, with I'd say, 1/4 inch openings. They look great and fit right into the recessed area that the glass normally seats in, but subdue the light a bit. I can see slight shadows on some areas of my rock now.

Should I be concerned? Got leather fingers corals on the bottom of the tank, pumping xenias at the top, feather dusters on the top and middle, and a deresa clam on the sand bed, all been doing fine with either the glass or nothing. Would like more coral and know light is needed. Should I just closely watch the current inhabitants and go for lower light corals in the future? Really don't want to go with MHs.

Yes replace the bulbs. I have found my PC bulbs fade out after 8-9 months. I have also heard that egg crate does have an up and a down side. Try flipping it over and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom