Eheim bubbles again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just took off my spraybar from my Eheim (external canister wet/dry), and noticed that it sprays out a steady stream of microbubbles for about 8 secs, every minute or so (its easier to see this now because with the spraybar on it was hard to tell, but it still spit out bubbles with the spraybar on).

I've checked connections etc. and everything seems to be very tight - interestingly, the bubbles are only spat out when the eheim is taking water in (and the output is just a slow, steady stream). When the eheim does its main output every minute or so (and blows water out quite hard) it's totally bubble free.

Anyone any ideas? :(

Is there anychance that your intake is right at the bubble bar ? Do you have any bubble generator in the tank?

No, the intake is quite a way from the output.

No bubble generators...just a powerhead, but even when the ph is turned off I still get them :/

Its only been running for about 2 months, I guess I'll just take it apart and put it together again, see if that helps.

I've currently got the foam that you're meant to put over the intake for the first 6 weeks, but it did it when I didn't have it on anyway...

My 2215 does this too, I have seen some suggestions on the web, rock the tank back forth to get extra air out, check all the hose connections to be sure they are tight, re prime it and none of this has seemed to resolve this for me yet. Hopefully someone will have a suggestion, kinda sucks when it's quiet then you get those surges.

Mine (2334) does it when there is a build up of detris in the bottom of the canister before the first filter, once cleaned out its fine for another 3 weeks approx then air starts to build up in it again....

Cheers Shelton.

I cleaned the rings and added a bit of the vaseline from the package I got with the filter on the inside of the canister and eliminated microbubbles with my eheim...

Best of luck....

Moose

Thanks Shelton,

I finally found the culprit. It was a very thin stream of bubbles from my airstone bar getting sucked into the suction side. Moved my airstone a tad and now the filter is absolutely silent and free of air.

Thanks for your reply!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom