eheim filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 2215 running and I think its time to replace the media. I am wondering whats the best way to do this?

replace with the same media?
use something different like Chemi pure or some type of carbon?
do I use tank water to clean the fitler?

what do I really need in the canister?

fitler does a great job but its been a while since we bought it and the water is not as clear and clean as it once was.

evenings said:
what do I really need in the canister?
To be honest, nothing. The amount of LR you have is decent for that size tank and bio filtration in the canister would be redundant. If anything I would suggest some carbon if you feel there is a need depending on water quality and the animal types you keep. Other than that, just use the filter for added flow and a reserve container for when you truely need something to place media in where a sump is abscent.

Cheers
Steve

so I should just take it off then?

I thought using something like Chemi pure was suppose to be good?

If I dont need it running then I will take it off.. clean it and get it ready for my African cichlid tank that I plan to setup, but thats going to be another thread in the future.

If I dont need it running then I will take it off.. clean it and get it ready for my African cichlid tank that I plan to setup, but thats going to be another thread in the future.

sounds like a plan :)

Back
Top Bottom