Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2
I have a similar story, but I figured people would think I'm crazy. I was cleaning out the filter socks and I went to grab one and I felt this sharp pain. I looked at my finger and saw a very small "cut". Every time I stuck my hand back in the tank, it felt like I was sticking them in razor blades. I couldn't figure it out. Then I hovered my finger above the water and thats when I knew it was actually an electric shock. The weird part is, when I stuck my other hand in the water nothing happened. Only when I would put that finger in the water did I feel it. I never could figure what the heck it was.
Our outer skin has more resistance than the inner flesh in our body. So when you have a cut and you stick in the salt water with some voltage stray from electrical cord insulation of heaters and pumps you will feel that sensation.