Electricity question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could put a float switch in to control the power to the PH but again, this is making it harder than it should be :)

You could also put a battery back up or some kind of power supply to keep the power to the tank running even when the power is out in the house. Then rig up a pager system to page you when the power goes out if you are away. Then you know you would have x amount of time to get home if the power supply was limited. 8)

Would be cool actually.

I have a float switch connected to a relay which controls my main pump from the sump. If the water level is too high in the display, the float switch is activated, and closes the relay. This is just in case the cpr fails for some reason. I don't think that cpr's handle power outages well, but this covers that scenario.

The power went out for 4 hours while i was away in mexico. I knew that because I had an analog and digital time showing 2 different times. Anyways, the floatswitch worked perfect and the overflow never fully started again. There was too much air in the unit.

Jim

It's not that I necessarily WANT to do this, but using a little ingenuity is more appealing that tearing down my entire 1500 lb aquarium to move it 1 more inch from the wall so I can put that huge ugly yellowed pre-filter box in the tank.

I found a sump switch that fits this application. I'm gonna try it.

Back
Top Bottom