Elegance coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought a beautiful ling tentacle elegance that opens to the size of soccer ball ... But it hasn't open as big in the last couple of days..

Water parameters are within normal range
N the only change has been that I changed two white bulbs for actinics lighting - could this b the issue?

What r are your thoughts?

The bulbs may have changed what it was use to. Or just not be happy that day I've noticed my coral act diff certain days.

What are the parameters? Within Normal parameters is a bit vague. lol

Do you have any white lights now or are they all actinics? That might be the reason it isn't as happy. It could also be the water, temp, salinity or a number of parameters. it could even be a creature irritating it as well. :)

CA 450
Mag 1250
Ph 8.2
Phos 1
Kh 12
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Temp 78

I have 4 actinics 4 white n 2 purple lights

Attachments

• image-4114097529.jpg
    image-4114097529.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 82
If your phosphates are really 1 then that could be helping the coral not feel happy. High phosphates can hinder the usage of calcium in the tank so that the corals don't get nutrients they need. Just a thought. :)

It also can be the light change, the blues are a big change from whites. If it were me I'd wait a few days and see if it improves. In the meantime, I would address those phosphates.

Back
Top Bottom