elegance coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
can anyone give me some first hand experiance advice about elegance corals. i really like them where in the tank do you have it how much light/ current. do you feed it if so what ect.. thanx...

JC

First hand experience would tell you that an elegance coral is very difficult to keep under the best of circumstances. Their life expectancy is not that great.

Elegance corals need modeate light...need to be somewhere near the bottom, but they expandf to twice their size, so not so close that others will get stung. They should be fed 1-2 a week phytoplanton and brine shrimp. Easiest way I've seen to feed them and really get them to grow is set up a refugium with lots of inverts. Have the water skimmed prior to entering the refugium. Have the returnm set up to flow rtight over the top of them, as they are positioned on a shelf rock or something....they love the continuos supply of food from invert spawning, and will spread like crazy. Good luck 0X

Check out >>this<< link. I didn't go into feeding, I almost never directly fed the one I had, but if you attempt it, phyto will do nothing for a LPS coral, and IMO, brine is too small. They will prefer a larger meater food like silversides or chopped krill.

Back
Top Bottom