Elegance Coral growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sockinnh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I was hoping someone could pass some advice my way about my Elegance Coral. I purchased the coral about three months ago and it was doing very well until about two weeks ago. There is something white growing around the opening slits. I tryed to wash it off because it seemed to me loose but when touched it closed up around the opening slits. Almost looks like calcium deposits. It is starting to consume the coral around the slits creating the coral not to open up completely. outer shell and body looks good just seems like it is spending all of its energy trying to open up for this to fall off.
Could someone tell me what this is? Is it a disease and such.
Thanks

Unfortunately Elegance corals are for some reason wasting away quite frequently in the last year or two. No one knows why. There was an article a year or two ago by Eric Bornemann in an issue of FAMA where he argued a point that Julian sprung made about the reasons they are fairing so poorly recently. May want to search for it.

Back
Top Bottom