Elegance Coral Research Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Well it seems as though Eric over at RC is doing a big research project on why these things are dying so often.. I figured I would post the like for all of you that might be able to help in some way..

Elegance Project

James

Cool, been meaning to post the link myself for a few days and keep forgetting ;) Awesome coral that has gone from THE biginners coral to the "It's gonna die" coral in the last 5 or 6 years.

Cool, been meaning to post the link myself for a few days and keep forgetting
hahahahahahaha I beat you LOL

Awesome coral that has gone from THE biginners coral to the "It's gonna die" coral in the last 5 or 6 years.
Yeah It was a very nice piece when I had mine before I read about the Death rates.. Mine lasted about 3 weeks.. :( Its a great bummer how such a Pretty coral can go from good to bad overnight with no known reasons for it.. and just 5yrs ago when reefkeeping was still young it was an Easy coral to keep.. I have emailed my pics to Eric when my Elegance was healthy and Sick.. If anyone can help it sure would be nice to get to the bottom of this unknown occurance. Next project should be the Gonipora.. That would be another awesome coral to keep..

Thanks Again,
James

Let's not foret the ever so yough carnations. Mine are still doing as well as they did when I got them. No worse but definately no better. Gonis and carnations are and have always been in the same boat. The impossible one. But the elegance hasn't been in there all that long. LONG LIVE THE ELEGANCE! hehehe

Yeah hopefully LONG LIVE THE ELEGANCE. Mine isn't coming out as much as it did the first few days. Lets hope it is just p@#sed.

I was in the LFS today and they had an elegance coral in there. To my surprise it wasn't as beautiful as the pictures of them I have seen on the internet. In fact, there was a hammer coral right next to it, and I thought the hammer looked 100% prettier than the elegance.

Perhaps this elegance was "on its way out". Shame...

Perhaps this elegance was "on its way out". Shame...

Very much so, I would like to see a voluntary ban of collection of Elegance corals until it can be determined what the problem is.

I second the motion. hopefully eric can find a cause within a few months, but i dont know if it will be that easy.

Back
Top Bottom