Elegance hosting Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvscigs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has any one ever had a clownfish host in an elegance coral? My clown started this 2 days ago, and both seem to be doing ok. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen or heard of it. TIA!!

Clowns seem to host just about anything it seems.

Keep and eye on the coral. Some coral's don't take to hosting well and it could cause problems.

I had a pair of pink skunk clowns host in an elegance coral for a few years, until I sold the tank.

Elegance_and_Skunk_Clown.jpg

reefrunner, was your coral ever bothered by the clowns? My two perc clowns have begun hosting in my frogspawn especially at night and I"m a little worried it will get tired of this?

My elegance never cared, but the LT plate they hosted in was killed by their constant irritation. Each coral will be different, I know of some frogspawns and hammers that host clowns and some that were injured or killed by them. Keep a close eye and if the clowns are damaging the coral...remove one or the other.

My toadstool was killed by my Clowns.. They irritated it too much.. It was a sad day to see it go.. I tried to frag it to save it and the frags didnt make it either... Good luck with your elegance.. They are a beautiful coral if you get a good healthy specimen...

James

Back
Top Bottom