eliminating water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfringu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
does anyonme know of a filtration process / syetm that eliminates water changes ?

yes. Not looking to be lazy. I am just interested in setting up as close to a complete filtration sytem as is possible.

yeah, I think nitrates are the main reason to do water changes. Plants will remove some nitrates, and a deep sand bed allows anerobic bacteria to break nitrates down into nitrogen gas. I believe the aquapure provides conditions for the anerobic bacteria to remove the nitrates. You feed it sugar and/or alcohol weekly but it doesn't need to be cleaned.

* I don't have experience with this unit. It just seemed like one of the best options from my search results. The details on the unit come from their website.

Water changes are not just to lower or keep nitrates down. They are also for relenishing trace elements as well that is in your salt.

In my opinion you would be doing yourself a great disservice by trying to lessen or eliminate water changes.

Nothing and I mean nothing is better than replacing tank water with fresh salt water.

There would be so many things that our tank loses over time that we cannot test for that fresh SW replaces.

Don't risk it for the sake of a few hours work every few weeks.

In my opinion you would be doing yourself a great disservice by trying to lessen or eliminate water changes.

Nothing and I mean nothing is better than replacing tank water with fresh salt water.

There would be so many things that our tank loses over time that we cannot test for that fresh SW replaces.

Don't risk it for the sake of a few hours work every few weeks.

+1
Eliminating water changes is like eliminating fresh air. :) Nothing like fresh air to make your day better.

Matt

I think you could set up an automatic water change system. I have a friend that has a constant water change system. All on timers and works well. But he has more money and space than I do.

Back
Top Bottom