Emeral Crab mischief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishsticks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Woke up this morning and both of my new corals have been tampered with. I have a GSP and a zoanthid. I am blaming the crabs because I have seen both of my emeralds messing with both corals numerous times. The GSP is rubber banded to a piece of live rock and the zoanthids are wedged down so they won't go anywhere. I am just worried that if my Emerald crabs don't stop, there will be nothing left of my corals or they will die. What can I do besides get rid of the crabs, which are supposedly (reef safe)

You can glue your frags in place with either super glue or epoxy. The crabs are hopefully just picking algae off the frags and nothing bad.

+1 emeralds don't mess with corals if they are healthy. They are probably just getting algae off of them. Your best bet is to secure the corals and everything should be fine

You might want to glue your frags down, you might want to throw a sinking pellet in or two everyone once in awhile for it.

Your Tank looks pretty clean of algae, which to emerald crabs is a bad thing. They need constant algae growth, or they may switch to alternative means of food.

Yea my tank is pretty clean, I thought that was a good thing ha. I just recently started feeding my fish mysis shrimp and my crabs get all the leftovers that fall the the bottom. Hopefully I can keep them full so they leave my corals alone. I believe the only reason they touched em in the first place was because they were hungry.

Back
Top Bottom