emerald crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have the green bubble algae in our tank and used to have a emerald crab that took care of this problem. He died before christmas and now the bubbles are making a come back. Now we have mushrooms in the tank and I was wondering if it was o.k. to get another emerald crab or is this a potential problem?

they say its hit or miss with these guys !! imo if ya got a smaller one ya might be safe till it get to big !!

I have not heard of any problems with emerald crabs and shrooms, but like steve said, IMO, crabs are iffy at best.

I have a hard time keeping the emeralds alive for a long time. The few that I've had turned their noses up at bubble algae. Guess they were used to a better menu. I would get a smaller one and see how it goes though.

No problems here, I have 4, 2 green, 1 brown, and a reddish/brown one. They must be different species or something or maybe I just don't know enough and think they are emeralds when they are not. They all have the flat tipped claws like emeralds and don't cause any problems so I'm thinking I"m okay for now.

Back
Top Bottom