emerald crab feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jona74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just started a tank and am concerned about emerald not getting enough to eat. I have 2 clowns, a bangaii cardinal, and 3 blue/chromis who are straight vultures! between the 3 chromis, they do not let any food get out of their grasp (leaving barely enough for my other 3 guys). I don't have much algae for the emerald to munch on, so I'm thinking I will need to supplement his diet. I've heard seaweed sheets will work, as well as pieces of shrimp. how exactly do I ensure he gets it? I can clip the seaweed, but he obviously cant get up the glass to it. and what about the shrimp? do I need to buy these specially, or can I just get some frozen ones from the grocery store?

I bought a syringe, attached a piece of airline tubing to it, and then attached a piece of rigid airline tubing to that. It makes a decent target feeder and is amusing watching fish and inverts attacking the tip to get at the food.

Ive fed mine nori sheets, i just put a small peice under a peice of rock rubble so it stay put and my emerald devoured it.

Back
Top Bottom