Emerald Crab mysteriously mutalated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wun68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had two of these crabs in my tank for the past 7-8 weeks now. One was eaten about 2 weeks ago and I thought maybe the other crab did it, but now I see the other one torn apart. I'm wondering if any of you out there have had any experience with these crabs living with this community:

150G Tank

4x Brittle/Serpent Star Fish ranging from 5" diameter - 10" diameter (possibly the large one?)
1x Branded Coral Shrimp small-med in size (maybe??)
1x Sally Lightfoot
2x Peppermint Shrimp
20x Red/Blue Hermits Small
30x Mixed snails Small

1x Bi-Color Angel small-med (I think its this guy, he is mean and picks on everything)
1x Coral Beauty Angel (Nice and only picks on Bi-Color in defense)
3x Yellow Tail Damsels small
1x Purple Firefish
1x Kaudern Cardinal small

I really like those little crabs cause they really cleaned holes/cracks of my live rock but I'm afraid to get any if they are going to end up as food. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

If I had to guess, either a rogue crab you're not aware of or the brittle stars.

Also are you sure it was not a molt?

I just saw the crab earlier! Probably was a molt! I'm still curious where the other crab went? I'll have to check back tonight after the lights go out for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom