Emerald crab question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoDrapes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ones anyone know if emerald crabs give birth to live young? We just found a new little crab in my acropora, I swear I didn't buy it! Although I did get a new emerald crab a couple weeks ago. I've never had one before.

Ones anyone know if emerald crabs give birth to live young? We just found a new little crab in my acropora, I swear I didn't buy it! Although I did get a new emerald crab a couple weeks ago. I've never had one before.

If it is in your acro, it is probably an acropora crab. They camouflaging pretty well so you won't see them when you buy the acro.

Ok thanks. I'm going to see if I can fish him out and get a pic of him later today.

I wouldn't worry about pulling the crab out. Like stated, if he's living in your acropora it is very likely a beneficial crab that will help keep the acropora cleaned. There's no reason to try to fish it out and possibly hurt it.

Seems I learn something new with this hobby every day! I just wanted to take a closer look, don't want to hurt him especially if he's good. I'm just surprised I've had the acro for a couple weeks, the emerald crab loves to hang out there too. I've never seen the little crab ever so... I just like to know what's in the tank. I love the good little hitch hikers.

Back
Top Bottom