Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Emergency! Linckia got stuck on PH

when i turned on my lights this morning, my linckia was wrapped around the intake of my Maxijet. he his still alive, but about 75% of his legs are just skeleton. What should I do? should i snip the really bad legs off? He is still alive, but I do not know for how long. Please help!

Old 07-26-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Right now, there is little you can do. If the legs are ripped, you could treat it in a hospital tank for infection with a light dose of e-mycin, but honestly I think removing it from the reef tank would do more harm than good. Moving it to a sterile quarantine tank would remove it's food source which it really needs right now to regenerate it's legs. If an infection becomes apparent, I would try to sever the limb with a clean sharp razor between the infected tissue and the body.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

He's starting to drop off all of the shredded tips of his legs. He is moving around quite normally, he just looks like he's been regurgitated. He has bad gashes in his disc, but not to the skeleton like in all of his arms. He is moving really normally, though, and already looks alot better than he first did. Is this a good sign?

He's my first linckia, and I know they're highly regenerative, but I didn't think anything that lookied like he did would survive. The only reason I left him in the tank is because he felt stiff like they normally do when I removed him from the intake grid.

Ooh, my cleaner shrimp are tango-ing again, I have to go watch!
Old 07-26-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Is this a good sign?
No way to tell, the fact that it is a live is a good sign, but right now the largest threat is infection.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stuck

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com