Emergency! Linckia got stuck on PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
when i turned on my lights this morning, my linckia was wrapped around the intake of my Maxijet. he his still alive, but about 75% of his legs are just skeleton. What should I do? should i snip the really bad legs off? He is still alive, but I do not know for how long. Please help!

Right now, there is little you can do. If the legs are ripped, you could treat it in a hospital tank for infection with a light dose of e-mycin, but honestly I think removing it from the reef tank would do more harm than good. Moving it to a sterile quarantine tank would remove it's food source which it really needs right now to regenerate it's legs. If an infection becomes apparent, I would try to sever the limb with a clean sharp razor between the infected tissue and the body.

He's starting to drop off all of the shredded tips of his legs. He is moving around quite normally, he just looks like he's been regurgitated. He has bad gashes in his disc, but not to the skeleton like in all of his arms. He is moving really normally, though, and already looks alot better than he first did. Is this a good sign?

He's my first linckia, and I know they're highly regenerative, but I didn't think anything that lookied like he did would survive. The only reason I left him in the tank is because he felt stiff like they normally do when I removed him from the intake grid.

Ooh, my cleaner shrimp are tango-ing again, I have to go watch!

Back
Top Bottom