Emperor Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Emperor owners,

How long does the morphing process take from juvenile colouration through to adult?

Is there an approximate timeline or is it an individual thing?

I am not an expert on this but I wanted to share a thought. I think that the morphing process has to do with a few factors

1. Age of fish
2. Feeding
3. Size of tank and health of Environment

I think that it is very odd how sometimes you will find an emperor that is 3inches in length and midway through the morph and other times a 6 inch specimen that has barely started. I truly believe that the more stressors that are on the animal the more likely it will take a very long time to complete the change. Almost like some kind of Darwinian Concept of retaining jeuvenile coloration for camouphlage in an uncertain environment.

interesting thought..i've seen many emperors that are the same size as mine and have fully changed.. and mine has just begun.. the circles are split are the dorsal area is yellow.. very interesting indeed..

its also interesting about the juvenile colouration for camouflage.. what kind of environment would be black and white/blue circles!! lol..

thanks sloppyjoe!

Back
Top Bottom