Originally Posted by MarkW19
Can I also bleach the rock in the same way so I can put it in my tank?
Depends on the composition and how porous the rock is. To be honest I would not be in a hurry to risk it. At the very least be sure that any non-plastics are treated with a dechlorinator and allowed to sun dry for at least a few days-week. Plastics will allow the evaporation of the chlorine quite well if rinsed properly. Many other porous products can trap it only to be released later but that is quite rare. Chloramines are not as easily removed though unless by chemical means.
Chlorines natural state is as a gas so it dissapates rather quickly when exsposed to heat and air. The risks in using it are quite low as long as you take the proper precaution to remove it after use. It should have no residual "chlorine" odor if done properly.