Emrauld crab for GHA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a GHA problem, nutrients are probably coming from a dry white dead rock I added to my 20g...

Will Emrauld crab help with this situation ? Water changes doesn't seems to help...

NO3: 0 ppm
PO4: 0 ppm

I've heard they will.

I used turbo snails and it helped with mine. Though mine was actually a nutrient problem.

Caleb

You will generally get a

Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0

When algae is present as it eats it so gives you a false reading I would add a load of turbo snails.

Do you make your own water if so what's the TDS of the RO you are using and do you run and phosphate remover.

You will generally get a

Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0

When algae is present as it eats it so gives you a false reading I would add a load of turbo snails.

Do you make your own water if so what's the TDS of the RO you are using and do you run and phosphate remover.
Agreed^^

If you manually remove the bulk of it , and preform several big water-changes you can rid this algae fairly fast , I suggest light feedings and lights off for the next few days till you see it receding, adding more stock in all reality is defeating the purpose adding more critters that poop doesn't solve the problem Your trying to remove excess nitrates and phosphates not add more ,

I`m totally against using livestock to get rid of algae. The best solution to me is to remove as much manually and then cut the source to the algae. If you can cut the food source to the algae and then remove as much as possible manually you should see a difference. You can cut back on feedings which will cut back on DOC`s, check your PWC water to make sure you are not adding to the problem and maybe cutting back on the lights.

Back
Top Bottom