Encourage Firefish to come out more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishmanJosh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 20gal nano tank with 2 Clowns and a Firefish. My dad is constantly complaining that there is not enough activity in the tank and that he never sees the Firefish. It always hides in its little hole and only comes out breifly during feeding. It has been in quite a while now (2 months) and I know that they are usually shy at first, but I just wanted to know of any way of encouraging him/her to come out more.

Thanks for the help.

Are the rocks on the back glass so the fish have to swim out front? Maybe another firefish will bring them out. The clowns are not messing with him are they?

The clowns do not bother him at all. I didn't fully understand what you ment about the rock facing the back wall but the rock that he does hide under has an entrance which faces the back wall but has another little hole that he pokes his head out which does face the front wall.

If you stack your rock against the back glass, the fish dont have much of a choice but to swim out front. Thats what alot of sw guys do, and i even did it in my mbuna tank so that i could actually see my fish. Its a great concept

Back
Top Bottom