Enough Light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is (2) 400W Mogul MH bulbs and two 96W Actinics enough for a 100gal.
51" X 26" X 32". If so what are my limitation on things to grow. I plan on staying away from the LPS corals. Mainly polyps, mushrooms and a few SPS corals. Could I even get by with two 250W MH?

I think you can probably keep anything you want with that setup. With the depth you specified, I'd probably go with the 400's. I'm not the MH expert though so you might want to get some other opinions from folks who have had more experience with MH than I have.

Depending on the depth of your sandbed you could get away with 250's no problem. 400's if you really want a lot of clams on the sandbed but 250's should suffice. The 400's will cause your mushrooms to shrivel up, the 250's could also. If it were me i would go 250.

I'm leaning more towards the 250s as well. I will also have a two-three inch sand bed. I don't plan on getting any clams, heard too many horror stories. The main thing I will be housing are mushrooms and polyps, so I definately don't wan too much light. Hate to need to put them is the shade and out of site. Besides the 250s are cheaper and less heat. I don't want to go less than 250 if I don't need to.

Thanks for the help

If your not going with SPS or clams or anenomes then ya 250's would work or even 175's.

Back
Top Bottom